scc

Wednesday, December 15, 2010

Traveling Through Time...Yet Again.

I'm sitting reviewing after action reports on SDAI covert activities near the North Korean peninsula. Several effective punitive actions now have been performed with great success.

I sense some presence and I look up to see Shayla nonchalantly teleporting into my secure office 100s of feet below the surface and supposedly impregnable. I move away from the hand-finished McGuire desk and move over to greet her.

"To what do I owe this honor!?!!!"

I hug her and plant a kiss on each cheek.

She is not shocked and was already in my mind before I moved to kiss her, so she knew they were coming. She even picked up my thought about hesitating to kiss her and a few other overshadower generated insecurity based thoughts that were tacked on about our previous relationship, etc.

Sneaking a kiss on the cheek of an advanced extraterrestrial telepath is basically impossible.

"Yes, it is, but don't worry...it's YOUR thought that counts and yours was quite noble and sweet. The overshadower stuff is merely static - white noise I can easily parse and dispense with. As to my reason for being here that will be quite clear very soon."

I look at her and she looks delectable. Her eyes, hair and face are all as wonderful as I remember. The spira-mirabalis pattern in her eyes, unique to her race, is contracting and pulsing as her eyes adjust to Earth and its sources of artificial light. In my current state, I'm particularly attenuated to developed female fields of energy and I feel my fields reach out and engage hers automatically. She is aware of these things and understands them - and far better than I do, so I need not worry she will get freaked out. If these field actions were translated into physical actions, it would be like having jumped upon her as soon as she appeared in my office.

"Yes, I am well aware of your current state and of the pasts you are currently in phase with. You are oscillating with quite a few powerful and significant pasts at this time, as they pertain to the shaping of your own personality. And I've yet to not enjoy oscillating with you...so don't sweat it."

She smiles, that delicious smile of hers I remember so well, and hits me with a whammy of a jolt from her powerful consciousness. Like getting kissed so powerfully that your whole body feels like its received an electric shock - of the most pleasant variety. For a moment I forget where I am and how I got here with Shayla - all I can think about is her.

"Okay...now its time for serious matters. You have been working on the planetary defense system and shielding from overshadowing signals that influence human behavior on Earth. As you know, we are one of the Confederation worlds assigned to deal with the threats that Earth is confronted with and of mitigating the more blatant and outright attacks on Earth. Unfortunately, the Earth has been targeted by more non-confederation worlds than just a few Earth years ago when I was still living here and working as the Director of Project MIMIR. Earth is at a serious crossroads in its development. All that was gained in the past 1000 years of human development is in danger of being wiped out."

"You have my attention. What do you want me to do? What can I do?"

"We're going to travel back in time and undo a key event. If we are successful, the time stream will be altered and everyone alive here will not recognize or remember the difference."

"Okay...how far back are we going and what exactly are we going to undo?"

"I can't tell you now. We're going to beam aboard my craft..."

No comments:

Post a Comment

All comments are moderated. Civil discourse is invited, however profanity, insults and advertising are prohibited. Thank you for your contribution. Your post will appear after a moderator has reviewed it.