scc

Thursday, April 14, 2011

Pretend This is a Normal Blog: CISCO SYSTEMS FLIP, DANCING WITH THE STARS! GLEE! CHUCK! REBECCA BLACK!

Here we go! This ought to be fun! Today, we're going to pretend like this is a normal blog. I'm just going to chat about some banal stuff and fill up my Japanese Syndicate's weird contractual requirements! (Shhhh. Pretend I didn't just say that!)

Okay...hmmm...what is CISCO Systems thinking about giving the Flip the axe? Or did they give the Flip the Flip? I don't know. I do find it funny that I purchased one of these things and now it is being discontinued. It actually isn't half bad, so I don't know what the problem is? Sales not that good? Unlike almost all of CISCO Systems products the Flip was the only one that didn't smell like burnt Chinese plastic when I opened the box.

Dancing with the Stars! I never thought I would be discussing any of these shows, but here goes nothing. So...who are you rooting for? Ralph Macchio? Kirstie Alley? My gosh but it's going to be an exciting thing to watch.

GLEE! I've never seen an episode, but supposedly it's about a glee club in HS that sings lots of old songs worse than the way they were originally sung and yet they compete with other schools or something. I don't know what to say. This must be captivating entertainment! I don't think my high school even had a glee club. Maybe they did? Maybe they competed? Maybe they ripped off 1/4 century old songs and sung them to elevator music? I just don't know.

Okay...I think I've covered my contractual obligations. But I better throw in some more of this before I wrap up.

Anyone seen Chuck? A show where some guy gets the CIA database stuck in his head from an email sent to him. Sure it's insanely impossible. But is it entertaining? I watched two or three episodes from the 1st season some years ago which were tolerable (some blonde Australian actress named Yvonne [????] plays a CIA agent) and now one episode from the this latest season and it's...well it's now really awful. The writers must've changed somewhere along the way.

Let's see...popular culture...popular culture...

Netflix? Showtime? Vevo or Viva? Oh...I got it! FRIDAY FRIDAY! Rebecca Black!
I watched the video. Some girl is singing a song about Friday. Woohoo! Definitely the highlight of human popular culture for 2011. Warhol was right. 15 minutes for everyone. Maybe now it's down to 5 minutes.

Okay.

That's it.

I'm out of here!

Normal SDAI blog operations will be back with the next post.

No comments:

Post a Comment

All comments are moderated. Civil discourse is invited, however profanity, insults and advertising are prohibited. Thank you for your contribution. Your post will appear after a moderator has reviewed it.