scc

Sunday, August 02, 2009

McDonald's, Jack in the Box, Wendy's, Burger King but not Taco Bell.

NOTE TO READERS: Read "I am not alone" [pt.1] & "Move Over Green Lantern" [pt.2]& "Back to the Bentley Turbo R" [pt.3] & Living With a Real Life Barbie or is That Midge?" [pt.4] before reading this segment!


I arrive with Yal-hune back towards the city and the glow of the city's lights over the horizon beckon.

I am driving with an alien from another planet who has been on Earth all of 45 minutes or thereabouts and knows more about this world than any of its lifelong residents. She is looking with interest out of the astroroof and also absorbing the dry desert scenery. Her mind is magnificent and being beside her is perhaps the most wonderful spot to be on Earth at this moment - and I am fully cognizant of this fact. Had I known I would be hauling an interplanetary ambassador around I would have vacuumed the car first. There is an old hardened fry I spot fallen between the seats that could be from McDonald's, Jack-in-the-box, Wendy's, Burger King but not Taco Bell. Who knows how long it has been there. Not standard equipment in a Bentley, but similar petrified fries can probably be found in most vehicles in America.

Yal-hune has dampened any emotions such as embarrassment and so I merely note the fry and will remove it. It suddenly strikes me funny. Here I am with a topless alien dignatary and I am focused on a dried out french fry. In all the universe, of all the questions I should be asking, thoughts I should be thinking - an old fry has trumped them all.

Yal-hune laughs. "You are uptight. Relax. Chill out."

It is now my turn to laugh. Hearing her tell me to relax and chill out with perfect intonation and attitude is amusing.

"I told you I am conversant in all languages. That includes all popular slang and even obscure dialects."

"That must come in handy for an ambassador. Have you seen Star Trek?"

"Yes, I have access to all television, radio and motion picture libraries on Earth."

"I was just thinking you are a lot more appealing than the pompous Ambassador Fox and have a much better bedside manner."

"Star Trek is one of the most productive entertainment shows of this world. It has done more to open up minds to space travel and alien life than any other. Many worlds have seen Star Trek and smiled at how a world with an embryonic space program views extraterrestrial life and civilizations."

"What is the basic appraisal of Earth? Why send an ambassador to this world at this time? What exactly do you intend to accomplish while here?"

"We will have lots of time to discuss these things. Earth is viewed as most elemental worlds are viewed - a nice place to study from afar, but you wouldn't want to live there. Here, let me show you."

She is in my mind again and I feel the feelings she has described. They make it completely real and unmistakable. They are objective but not biased. They realize the circumstances here and see Earth's place in a much larger evolutionary framework. Just as we look at animals and do not accuse them or look down upon them, they see other sentient souls and understand they exist in a broad spectra as they evolve. And unlike our attitude towards the animals, there is no sense of superiority in their minds - only recognition of different placement.

We pull up into the crescent drive way and for the first time I realize she has no luggage or anything at all, besides her garment and hope she will be ok without.

"I will be fine." she says into my mind and her appreciation at my concern is so deep and real. She makes each thought a treasure and more meaningful. She may be devoid of the lower emotions, but they have been replaced by a deeper feeling and understanding with all the rest. A throwaway thought for her is like an incredibly powerful thought for someone on Earth.

She steps out of the car and I am again struck by her height, beauty, grace and presence. I am the luckiest man in the world. I could not have imagined this. All those who wish for riches, fame and fortune have never met Yal-hune and shared mind with her.

For the 1st time, as I walk up the flagstone walk to unlock the door, I think about the governmental ramifications. I wonder if the SDAI satellite array picked up the craft and reported it to Washington. I wonder if a satellite has been dedicated to me and Yal-hune since the craft departed. I wonder if my neighborhood will soon be crawling with agents from domestic and international agencies hellbent on kidnapping Yal-hune. I don't fear any of this, as I can't fear when I am with Yal-hune. She has made me truly fearless and I thank her, however the potential scenarios still need to be contemplated and a plan of action prepared.

"It will be fine. I can detect all hostile intent in an area. I can detect the thoughts of those who seek to do either of us harm. And I am quite capable of neutralizing all negative intent. Your agencies are unaware of my presence. A distortion field has been up since our craft entered the Earth's atmosphere. We could be neither photographed or tracked with your existing technolgy. Incidentally, your neighbor living down the street works for an intelligence agency and has been paid to keep tabs on you."

She shares with me what she has seen in her mind. It concerns me that I have been under surveillance for the past six months since Obama entered office, but no fear. Her mind shows me who tasked him and what agency he works for. It then shows me his boss and how I came under surveillance - because my name was mentioned in a batch of classified Executive Orders of former President Bush that had been obtained and compromised by an official trying to score position and brownie points with the new administration.

Yal-hune is not averse to showing me much more. She shows me how she views the whole affair and how unintelligent espionage is. I am inclined to agree with her.

I get the door open and she walks inside. The sensors click on the lights automatically. I close and lock the door. The state of, what amounts to, a type mental euphoria has not ebbed and I wonder if it will last for as long as I am near her. I realize I love her. I love everything about her and I want to spend the rest of my life learning alongside her. I suspect she would have the same affect on any man and wonder what it will be like for her to be surrounded by such adoration and desire.

She walks over to me. Her eyes gaze into my own and she shows me exactly how it feels. She loves me too. It is not a personal love. It is an advanced form of compassion. On her world love is much more common. It exists between all inhabitants to some degree. Love on her world is not just reserved for one's mate and she shows me that the mating and courtship process on her world is not like ours. What would be frightening, if Yal-hune were not here, is the realization that even their impersonal love is a deeper, truer love than almost all Earth loves.

She loves everyone on Earth even more than their families and spouses love them.

She looks at me and laughs, "Do you sleep on the couch, or shall I?"

No comments:

Post a Comment

All comments are moderated. Civil discourse is invited, however profanity, insults and advertising are prohibited. Thank you for your contribution. Your post will appear after a moderator has reviewed it.