scc

Saturday, May 02, 2009

It is snowing blossoms. The dancing wind races through the trees and rains cherry blossoms on my car. The smell is heady and the small pink blossoms get caught on my windshield wiper as they roll across the windshield and hood before my eyes.

A simply gorgeous girl is walking towards the car. Her long, shapely legs revealed by a short mini-dress tell me that she is not just thin, but healthy and toned. She smiles at me and I smile back. She starts to power-strut and turns the sidewalk into her own personal runway. Nearby men are gaping. She knows it and revels in it, but this performance is for me and she has her eyes locked with mine.

I laugh. Cynthee is hot and fun.

"Hey stranger, how about a lift?"

"I'm not sure...you look a bit dangerous."

"Me? Dangerous? Whatever gave you such an impression?"

"You look like you break mens hearts."

"Oh, but then we're equally matched. For you are a thief of hearts."

"Get in."

Cynthee folds up her long legs and adjusts her mini. She pulls out a pair of Dolce & Gabbana sunglasses from her Prada handbag and places them over her eyes. Her hair glistens in the sun and the smell of skin-warmed Tresor wafts gently to my nostrils.

She starts to open up the door again and step out.

"You have to leave? So soon?"

"Yes. This is another dream sequence. You'll be waking up shortly."

"Wait. Don't leave yet, we haven't even talked!"

"Today is an important day. The world will not be the same."

"What does that mean?"

"You know what it means."

"No, I don't! Tell me - please."

"Ok. someone is going to read this blog entry. See over there? That person will read it, and that group all walking over there? They are all real people and will read this blog entry."

"And they are in my dream because...?"

"You figure it out."

"Wait! I can't."

"You can. You're still asleep. But when you wake up, you will know exactly what it means."

Cynthee disappears. The car disappears. The people who were walking all have disappeared and I am alone.



I wake up. I haven't a clue as to what the dream girl meant. I think about what she said about the world not being the same after today. Wait YOU are reading this! I recognize you - you were there in the dream! So what's so different about today anyway? Do you know?

No comments:

Post a Comment

All comments are moderated. Civil discourse is invited, however profanity, insults and advertising are prohibited. Thank you for your contribution. Your post will appear after a moderator has reviewed it.